Mercy Celebrates Staff at Years of Service Mass
In May, Mercy Montessori honored six educators and staff members who, collectively, share over 65 years of service to children at the school. “In the United States, the average person stays at their job for four years and six months. Mercy is grateful to have a staff full of dedicated professionals who commit their time and talent to the school,” commented principal, Patty Normile. “Our students are the recipients of their dedication, gifts, and love and we are blessed to have them!”
In honor of Mercy's school-wide focus on "Care of the Earth" this year, Patty shared a thoughtful environmental quote from Pope Francis and his teachings in Laudato Si' about each recipient.
- Chris Byrnes - "Money has to serve, not to rule."
- Lisa Klus - "Let us be protectors of creation, protectors of God's plan inscribed in nature, protectors of one another and of the environment."
- Amy Scull - "Christ asks you to be wide awake and alert, to see the things in life that really matter."
- Amanda Grimm - "A Christian brings peace to others. Not only peace, but also love, kindness, faithfulness and joy."
- Heidi Larson - "A good teachers does not get lost in the details, but points to what is essential so that the child or student can find meaning and joy in life."
- Keith Kaiser - "Challenges exist to be overcome! Let us be realists, but without losing our joy, our boldness and our hope-filled commitment."
Congratulations to these incredible educators!